Breast Procedures Philadelphia
Breast procedures are cosmetic surgeries performed to improve the breasts of the patients. These are surgical procedures designed to address the different concerns of the patients regarding their breasts. People looking for breast procedures in Philadelphia prefer the services of the Main Line Institute of Plastic Surgery for their breast aesthetics.
Breast Procedures We Offer
We are proud to offer a wide array of breast procedures to meet the needs of our patients. We cater to both men and women and find suitable breast procedures based on their goals. The breast procedures we offer are the following:
- Breast Augmentation – Breast augmentation enhances the size and shape of a woman’s breasts. Most breast augmentation procedures involve breast implants to make women’s breasts fuller. This procedure also produces firmer and better-proportioned breasts. This is considered to be the most popular breast procedure.
- Breast Fat Grafting – For women who do not want breast implants but still want to improve the fullness of their breasts, breast fat grafting is a more suitable option. It is only possible if the patient has sufficient excess fat in other parts of the body to use for the procedure. The fat is drawn from a donor area and transplanted into the breasts.
- Breast Lift / Mastopexy – This breast procedure addresses the issue of having deflated breasts or excess skin in the breast area. It lifts and repositions the areola to provide a more youthful appearance of the breasts. This is popular among aging women and those who underwent massive weight loss.
- Breast Reduction – Having relatively large breasts can cause physical problems such as back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, breathing problems, and poor posture. In addition, it also hinders women performing physical activities. Breast reduction addresses these issues, including patients who are unhappy with their large breast size.
- Fat Grafting – Although breast fat grafting is common, the fat grafting procedure is still widely used on other parts of the body. The fat is withdrawn from the donor area, processed, and then transferred to other parts of the body usually the derriere, face, and breasts. This is popular with patients who do not want synthetic substances in their bodies.
- Male Breast Reduction – The desired male aesthetic is typically a masculine chest area. When men develop gynecomastia, or oversized male breasts, male breast reduction is the perfect solution to restore the masculinity of their chests. This procedure removes excess fat, glandular breast tissue, and/or skin from the breasts and repositions the areolae.
Am I a Good Candidate for Breast Procedures?
Breast procedures are suitable for people who are unsatisfied with the size, shape, and symmetry of their breasts. Healthy patients with realistic goals are good candidates for breast procedures. Candidates should not be pregnant or breastfeeding.
The surgeon will listen to all your concerns regarding your breasts. Your medical history will be evaluated, and your breast area will be carefully examined. A personalized surgical plan will be presented based on your goals and the chosen breast procedure. The surgical plan will be discussed with you so that you can understand all the details of the procedure.
You can raise questions during the consultation, and these will be answered properly. The cost of the procedure will also be discussed. You and the surgeon will select a date for your surgery that is convenient for both of your schedules.
What to Expect During Breast Procedures
Breast procedures usually last for several hours. The exact duration will depend on the treatment plan. Anesthesia will be administered before making targeted incisions. For breast fat grafting, fat will be drawn from the patient’s body before proceeding to the actual breast procedure. The incisions will be sutured and bandaged to complete the procedure.
Patients will have to wear protective clothing to support the breast area during the recovery period. A small drain may be inserted to deal with fluids while healing. The patient may experience minor bruising, swelling, and discomfort during recovery. Prescription medications and instructions will be provided for recovery, including which physical activities are prohibited.
Breast Procedure Cost
The chosen breast procedure will determine the price of the surgery. Anesthesia fees and the treatment plan will impact the overall cost of the breast procedure.
Schedule Your Consultation
If you want to learn more about breast procedures in Philadelphia, visit us at Main Line Institute of Plastic Surgery. Contact us to set up an appointment!